Calling all AANLCP Ambassadors!
I recently was asked why I joined AANLCP and I realized it was because I found my home among like-minded, educated, mature nurses who have a passion for lifelong learning and for providing the best outcomes to the ill and injured population. I glow when I tell others about the field of nurse life care planning and about our incredible membership. This got me thinking about ambassadorship, I call it connecting others.
What is an ambassador? According to the dictionary, an ambassador is 1) an official envoy; especially: a diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited to a foreign government or sovereign as the resident representative of his or her own government or sovereign or appointed for a special and often temporary diplomatic assignment and/or 2) a: an authorized representative or messenger b: an unofficial representative (traveling abroad as ambassadors of goodwill). I propose that as members of AANLCP, we ALL are authorized representatives of our organization; thus we all are AANLCP ambassadors!
How do we demonstrate that we are ambassadors for AANLCP? When you attend professional meetings and seminars:
- Use social media to let others know about how that activity/topic is important to AANLCP
- Promote AANLCP as your professional organizational home as you talk with other nurses.
- Invite vendors to work with AANLCP to provide their product or service to other nurse life care planners
- Invite colleagues or speakers to provide interesting articles and educational topics for your journal and webinars
Other ways to be an ambassador for AANLCP:
- Bring AANLCP informational cards when you attend other local or regional meetings.
- Be a part of our social media crew
- Work with us on the day of conference to help with logistics
- Make calls to members
- Edit publications (not just for the journal)
- Write or procure an article for the journal
- Share a resource for the Crashcart
- Speak on life care planning subject with another association
- Exhibit to attorneys about Nurse Life Care Planning
- Complete the Willingness to Serve Form
- Seek advertisers for the Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning
- Be a Lifeline mentor